Thursday, July 16, 2009

Rough Riders Game



Madelyn's first experience with Cotton Candy


I wish that this picture turned out better, but I just love her big blue eyes and smile!

Madelyn was taking pictures of the fireworks--a surreal approach

For Michael's birthday I surprised him with tickets behind home plate to the Frisco's Rough Rider's game. They were playing the Corpus Christie Hooks on a cool Friday night and it made for a great evening of baseball. This was also Madelyn's first baseball game and she had a blast. For the first three innings she was actually into the game. She would shout "Swing Batter" and "Strike", and she learned the classic "Take me out to the Ball Game" song and one, two, three strikes, you're out of here. For the fourth inning she discovered the sweetness of Cotton Candy. Daddy, AKA "Sucker" let her have her first taste of the sticky pink stuff. No surprise she loved it and kept asking for more. That lead to a sugar hype for innings, 5, 6, 7, and 8. I took her on a walk around the diamond and in the process heard, " Hey Miss Tosi, wait up". An old student (obviously older, because he used my maiden name) of mine was working at the stadium and it was fun to hear where your past student are and what they are doing. After he left, Madelyn wanted to know why that man kept calling Miss Tosi? Tried to explain it, but I don't think she got it...my name is mommy Harris. But if you ask her Daddy's name its Michael David. She knows I have a first name, but when I ask her to spell it she always spells out M-O-M.
Behind first base they have a playground, but its literally a three story slide and it was packed with kids that were triple the height requirement and had no parental supervision, but Madelyn was determined to climb and go down one of the slides. I tried to get a picture of her but I think the camera didn't like the dusk time sky and it confused the flash and made the pictures very grainy and dark. But we finally made the loop and back to see daddy for the most exciting part--FIREWORKS!

They were close up, great and set to music; and Madelyn loved the fireworks and danced the entire time during the display! She wants to know when we get to see more. What a great way to finish the night and oh yeah, the RRs won! We will definitely be coming back for more games when the weather cools off.

No comments: