Sunday, July 12, 2009

Don't Eat The Cookie


I work with some fabulous teachers at Hebron and one day Suellen brought me a box from the Chocolate Angel (delicious bakery) and said this is for your Little Angel. Knowing that Madelyn would be excited to eat a purple butterfly cookie, I showed her the box as I was picking her after school. Thrilled to see this adorable cookie she tried to tear into the box right then, but I told her she had to wait till we got home so she wouldn't make a mess in the car. (Don't feel too bad for her it was only a two minute drive to the house) As we drove home she would repeat the directions "I can't eat the cookie until we get home....right?" and asked about ten times if we were home yet. So as I get her out of her car seat, I see the butterfly cookie in the box, but it was missing its head and antenna. I probably shouldn't have asked, but I did, "what happened to the butterfly's head?"
She replied with "Mom, you said I couldn't eat the cookie, I only the ate the head of the butterfly-- its made of frosting! You didn't say I could not eat the frosting." I stand corrected, don't eat the cookie or the frosting until we get home.

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh dear. You've got a smart one. Good luck!