Thursday, July 16, 2009

Home Depot Kids Workshop


Watch out world, I have a hammer and I know how to use it!

Hmm.....what can I clobber next?



She did a great job of hammering and getting the nail all the way through.





The first Saturday of every month Home Depot sponsors a Kid do-it yourself-workshop. Its a great activity in which the stores gives the kids an orange apron and a free kit and you take it to the kids workshop complete with kid size tools and hammer away. Michael was working, so mom got the challenge of taking Madelyn to make my Mother's day gift. She had so much fun! The most fascinating thing--Hammering! The kid was obsessed and I am lucky that I didn't lose a finger. That month''s kit was a wheelbarrow and then they got to choose and plant a flower in a pot and use the wheelbarrow to hold the pot--too precious! I was a little leery, because let's face it, Michael is the analytical and logical person of the family and well I am more of let's try and see what we get approach. But I felt better when I saw other parents turning the directions and trying to figure out where part C 17 went. If I can do it.... I mean Madelyn then anyone can do it. In the end Madelyn was so proud of herself and her wheelbarrow. She earn a certificate of completion and a pin for her apron. She looked so cute that the manager took her picture and its now proudly displayed on the community brag board.

No comments: