Thursday, October 18, 2007

Michael Goes Under the Knife

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." Isaiah 41:10

Michael had surgery this morning at Presbyterian of Allen to remove his tonsils, adenoids and some work done his nasal turbinates, all in hope of improving his sleep apnea. I know that Michael was pretty nervous this morning, but the first verse that I read this morning while he was in surgery was Isaiah 41:10. I already knew he had a great doctor, as she previously performed Madelyn's surgery last March. But when I read that verse, it gave me a great sense of peace.

After the surgery, Dr. Champion came back to let us know how he was doing and she said that Michael's tonsils were the largest she has ever seen... a record size for the hospital.

To ease Michael's recovery, I got him a large cow bell and personalized it with some doctor/medical embellishments and his name with "Michael's room service bell". His mom Judy told me that I should have put "Temporary" room service.

Of course we all want Michael to have a speedy recovery, but I think that our Bible Fellowship class, best summed up the prayer request by praying thatMichael uses the bell wisely!

We'll keep you update and thank you for your prayers!

3 comments:

Heidi McKee said...

I'll be praying (for nurse Tosi too)...Now hopefully Michael won't get sick any. Thanks for the update.

The Henrie Family said...

Oh my! That is not fun! I am sorry he has to go through this procedure...really I think the worst part will be the recovery. I hear it takes two weeks to recover. I'll lift you all up in prayer today! Keep us posted on how he is doing.

Anonymous said...

Get better Michael! Glad surgery went smooth. Praise God for that! It's never fun to see loved ones in pain either.I'll be praying for you Valerie and your hubby. Hope he's back to full speed soon.