Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My Little Fish









Madelyn took quite an interest in swimming this summer, that I didn't want her momentum to slow. So I signed Maddie up for once a week swim lessons at the Emler Swim school. I taught mom and me swim classes for years and have truly enjoyed teaching Madelyn the basics. But we have finally reached a point where she needed someone other than mom to teach her. Maddie was thrilled to swim there, but I was a little apprehensive since I wasn't sure this was going to be worth our money. But boy was I wrong. Madelyn is loving this and doing AMAZING! Before we started she could swim about five feet by herself. Now she can swim about fifteen feet, float on her back, and can safely climb out of the pool on her own. And if you ask Madelyn what she is most proud of achieving, she would quickly tell you the BIG water slide. As a reward at the end of class they can go down the water slide, and she loves it!
I wish I had better pictures of her actually swimming, but right now those are on my phone camera and I still need to transfer them. But don't worry this proud momma will eventually get those posted. Plus its hard to seek on the deck to get pictures without interrupting the lesson.

No comments: