Sunday, October 11, 2009

Monticello


Home of Thomas Jefferson in Charlottseville, Virginia
Look familiar its on the back of the nickel.


My Jeffersonian beauty


Me and Madelyn enjoying our annual photo on the lawn.

On the back steps of the house

Waiting in line for the house tour. I am so proud of Madelyn, she did fabulous during the tour and was actually able to point and identify a few major artifacts during the tour. It melts my heart that she will share the same love for history, as I do....like she has any choice with a history teacher for a mom.
Learning the fine art of writing with a Quill pen and an ink well.
It was messy but fun, but the girls learned something new.
Miss Independent wanted to do all by herself
Arianna and Madelyn hanging around a 300 year oak tree
Arianna, Gabriella and Maddie just relaxing in the shade

Enjoying the view of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Me and Mr. Jefferson
For the past eight years we have had our pictures taken on the back steps of the Monticello. I have myself from the single years, Michael and I when we were engaged, married and then Madelyn when she was only a month old. So every since then I have taken Madelyn's picture when we go to visit my dad. This year Michael came with us for a few days, but had to get back for school. So I took all the girls myself to Monticello and had an amazing time. The TJ foundation open a new and beautiful visitor's center with a great cafe. To enhance the tour for the young historians, a children's tour of the home was also added, and offers more hands on opportunities for the kids--highly recommended. I don't get to see the girls very often, so spending the day with my little sisters was important, fun and memorable. Not to mention we were in my own personal utopia and I was able to share the experience with Madelyn, who I hope one day will understand that Jefferson was responsible for helping to create many of the civil liberties that we Americans enjoy today.

No comments: