Sunday, October 04, 2009

Graves Mountain, Virginia


Madelyn and Arianna enjoying the view from the main lodge porch.


Nonno, Arianna and Madelyn starting their hike

Wild Raspberries were a delicious treat along the path.


I just love how Madelyn's walking stick is bigger than her.


A beautiful view from the top of Graves Mountain.


Arianna, Gabriella and Madelyn

That's one big rock! I sure hope that Michael, Madelyn and Arianna can keep Gabriella's rock from rolling down the hill.

Madelyn getting some sweet loving from her aunt Gina.


Nonno, Gina, Madelyn making a wish from the bridge.

I am pretty sure that "Dorkness" must run in the family. But hey, at least we got spirit!


Enjoying some sparklingly good sparkler fun!

For Fourth of July, my took the entire family up to Graves Mountain, Virginia for the day. Nestled in the Blue Ridge Mountains, every angel is a spectacular view. The resort town reminds me of the place from Dirty Dancing--cabins sprawled through out the woods and plenty of activities of the family to partake. Michael and Madelyn went hiking up the trails with my dad, Arrianna and Gabriella; while I went horse back riding with Daneen and Gina--just wait for those pictures. We relaxed by the river and watched some crazy people do tricycle races down the side of the mountain, before going to clean up for dinner and fire works. It was so peaceful and green there, that I spent a good time of the afternoon trying to convince Michael that we didn't want to leave this serene beauty for the burning Texas heat.

No comments: