Sunday, October 04, 2009

Horse Back Riding on Graves Mountain


Yes, I know I am a dork, but you should have seen the full get up. I had on firework/sparkler headbands, American flag necklace and cool Star and Stripes socks--- I was being patriotic! But I also knew that I didn't to scare the horse, so left most of my get up in the car, except the groovy sun glasses. This was the first time in fifteen years I had gone horse back riding and was so excited and scared at the same time. Excited when the land was flat, but as the name implies--Graves Mountain-- we took some steep trail paths. And according to Sir Issac Newton what goes up, must come down. And down we did! There were a few points were I wanted to close my eyes, but thankful that my horse did not. But an hour into the ride, with a numb butt and sore thighs, I was having a blast and wanted to keep going, but I also wanted to get back to Madelyn and Michael. I can't wait till she is old enough for some active equine adventures.


Daneen's horse was a bit to spirited for me--she liked to take off in trot-a lot!

Gina rode a horse that stopped to eat EVERY weed we past.


Me and Big Brown Mouse-- she was a good horse!



The Three City Slickers--ahhh I, mean the Three Amigo's



Madelyn, Gina and me-- I see the resemblance, but I think that Gina and Vanessa look much more alike.

My sweet baby girl was tuckered out from the long hike.

Madelyn really wanted to swim in the river, but her change of clothes were at the top of the mountain.

Madelyn's first funnel cake--apparently she really like it!


Gabriella, Madelyn, myself and Michael appreciating the beautiful view of the river.

No comments: