Saturday, November 10, 2007

Austin College Homecoming 2007


Light, Madleyn, Valerie and Vicki Cummins



#1 Roo Fan



Jumping Joeys! (aka, baby kangaroos for those ATM mined folks)


Go Roos football!

Madelyn ready to kiss the Homecoming Pig



Go Roos!
Today was Homecoming at Austin College! So while Michael worked, Madelyn and I took the the short jaunt north to Sherman. We had a great time visiting with old friends and professors, and of course getting to show Madelyn off to everyone. She is such a social butterfly, that she just walks up to anyone and says "Hi, how are you"? And today she learned to say "Nice to meet you", which was just so cute to hear coming from her little voice, the older alumni there just thought she was darling......(o.k, I know I am bragging, but it's just my mom prerogative)

The highlight of my trip was getting to spend the afternoon with my new favorite history professors, Light and Vicki Cummins. Who also had fun holding and following around Madelyn. The had several bounce houses for the kids....great idea! Because then the kids could jump and stay in a central location and the parents could talk with each other. Madelyn was very fascinated with all the fountains, they even died the Ida Green fountain water Crimson for the festivities. I even took Madelyn to the Alumni swim meet and showed her the pool were I spent a good portion of my time at AC. I would have liked to swam, but I had Madelyn, I didn't want to scare anyone in my swim suit and I want to spare myself the embarrassment of getting beat by a kid who is nearly half my age. Madelyn however, thought that she probably should have brought her suit! She say the pool and immediately started to say swim, Swim, SWIM! I wanna swim! So to divert her attention, we headed over to the football game and watched as Trinity took a commanding lead over the Roos....but at least Madelyn did cheer "Go Roos"....but I am not sure it really helped the game too much. But we will continually and faithfully keep supporting our Roos!

3 comments:

The Henrie Family said...

Brag all you want...I agree!!!

Amy said...

I love the jumping picture!

Heidi McKee said...

I can't wait to see pics of vegas. YOu did bring the camera didn't you or did you leave it with Madelyn? Looks fun here though. YOu are a great mommy.