Sunday, September 23, 2007

My 30th Birthday!











I have been told constantly by my sister Vanessa, that this day would eventually come in my life (at least much sooner than her). Now that I have reached the top of the hill I can't believe how great the view is! I have so much to be thankful for, a wonderful husband and a beautiful daughter and I got to celebrate it with my family in Ohio. You would think that it was such a momentous birthday that I should have been able to celebrate it by doing what ever I would want to do. But because I love my husband so much, I went him, my dad and my brothers Nick and Vince to the NFL Pro Football Hall of Fame in Canton Ohio. I am usually the history buff that just gets tickled pink to go to a museum, but Michael was like a kid in a candy store! Although , I think he got the biggest kick out seeing Madelyn with a Hall of Fame helmet on.


We ended the day with an exploratory drive through Amish Country in monsoon-like rain. We did have the pleasure of stopping at an Amish CHEESE Factory! Those of you who know about my cheese addition, know that I did indeed have a fabulous birthday because of the delicious stop we made there. We sampled just about everything and brought home a couple different slices that tempted our palettes and the pickles were incredible. No joke Madelyn has developed a pickle fetish and she finished an entire jar of sweet garlic dill pickles by herself!
When we got back to the house, there was a little surprise dinner for me at Dante and Monica's house. It was so nice to sit back, relax and let all the kiddos play with each other.
All in all I really did have a great 30th birthday! Hey, Vern only 7 more years to go!



1 comment:

Jeff and Steph said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I love her wearing the helmet! Too cute!