Wednesday, August 05, 2009

La Jolla Beach- San Diego trip day one


Madelyn and Aunt Vanessa at the La Jolla Beach


Just amazing views!





The Sea Lions have a protective cove where they can beach, bathe and bark at their pleasure.

The view along the sea wall

Vanessa gracing the might Pacific Ocean


Madelyn in a Conestoga Wagon in Pioneer Park


Madelyn and Grammie

My mom (AKA- Grammie) Vanessa and myself.

My mom wanted to take Madelyn and I to San Diego to visit my sister Vanessa., for an all girls week adventure. I had been out there as a kid, but this was the first time I remember going to sight seeing there. It worked out perfect as Maddie and I caught a Southwest flight here in Dallas that was a straight shot to San Diego, except it laid over in San Antonio, where my mom hopped on the plane with us. We arrived a little after lunch time, ate and drove up the coast to La Jolla and enjoyed the cool breezy scenery of the Pacific coast. I had to laugh because Madelyn was so excited to go the beach and play. When she finally made it down to the shore and felt the 56 degree water, she quickly changed her mind, but watching the Sea Lions proved to be more entertaining.

No comments: