Saturday, July 05, 2008

Pool Rat






We have spent a a lot of time this summer at the pool. And Madelyn is a true pool rat! Anytime you ask her what she wants to do, she immediately pipes up with "I wanna go to the pool".
She is fearless of the water, which in some regards is great for introducing new swimming concepts, but also rattles my nerves as she has no qualms about jumping head first into the big pool. I usually hear this response, "no, mommy, I wanna jump by myself. Move back, move back!" And we couldn't make a trip to the pool with Maddy's trust side kick, Dora the Mermaid. Dora does every thing that Madelyn does and vice-versa. Its actually good for when I am trying to cox Madelyn into trying something new. "Look Dora is floating all by herself, can you do that?" Much to my delight, she has really made a lot of progress this summer. Maybe I have a future Katie Huff (Olympic swimmer) in training.

No comments: